General Information

Prior to travel, please contact ISBER so we can assist you with planning and advise you of documentation requirements, and specific travel policies we must adhere to.

Before out of state or overseas travel, you MUST visit the following website and fill out the UC Business Travel to receive full benefits of the new University Business Travel Accident Insurance: Note: Airfare that is booked through UC Travel Center or Connexxus you will be auto-registered with this insurance.

Restricted Travel Law AB 1887

Effective January 1, 2017, state-funded travel to the following states is prohibited:

  • Alabama
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Mississippi
  • North Carolina
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee
  • Texas

For more information regarding the new restricted travel policy, please visit:

Please consult your ISBER Contract & Grant Administrator regarding potential travel plans to any of the states listed above.

What we can assist you with

  • Processing reimbursements for out-of-pocket expenses.
  • Processing direct payment of registration, airfare and hotel.
  • Obtaining travel advances for the traveler.
  • Providing information regarding UC and funding agencies' travel regulations and policies.

Traveler's Responsibility

It is the traveler’s responsibility to submit complete information and receipts to ISBER in a timely manner, and to respond quickly to all requests.

Travelers who obtain travel advances from ISBER must submit the necessary receipts to clear out the advance within 7 days after the trip is completed. After 120 days, outstanding advances will be reported to the IRS and thus subject to taxes. Uncleared travel advances will also be charged to the grant they are associated with.  It is the traveler's responsibility to clear out advances in a timely manner.  Travelers are only allowed ONE travel advance per trip, so please plan accordingly.

All original receipts must be saved, including airline, meals, rental car, lodging, taxi, miscellaneous expenses, registration etc.

If you don't have the original receipt, please print and complete the Missing Receipts memo and turn it in with your travel worksheet.

Official UCSB travel policy can be found here:

Currency conversion:

For travel questions please contact your ISBER Contract & Grant Administrator