Budget Development and Analysis
Paula Ryan, Proposal Submissions Coordinator
Paula Ryan should be consulted early on in reseach project development, to assist with:
- budget preparation on all grants submitted through ISBER
- coordinating proposal budgeting and sub-contracts among multiple investigators, departments and institutions
- Deadlines: extramural proposals are submitted on behalf of the UC Regents, and therefore all proposals are subject to review by Office of Research AT LEAST SEVEN (7) DAYS prior to agency deadline. Please discuss your intent to submit early on in the process with ISBER staff.
- Document preparation: ISBER staff will assist in the preparation of budget documents (forms and spreadsheets), cover pages, and all required certifications.
- Photocopying: ISBER will provide all necessary copies of the proposal (for the funding agency, subcontractors, investigators and other units on campus).
- Submission: ISBER staff will submit proposals, either electronically (e.g., NSF's FastLane system and grants.gov) or by designated carrier, in time to reach the funding agency on time.
Human subjects: ISBER staff will advise you regarding how to submit required human subjects research forms to the Office of Research. On projects involving human subjects, no funds may be drawn on the award until a protocol for meeting human subjects’ needs have been approved by the campus Human Subjects Committee.
- To access the HS compliance website click here: http://www.research.ucsb.edu/compliance/human-subjects
- Once your grant is awarded, ISBER will administer your funds, provide monthly statements of award balances and expenditures, process personnel, purchasing, and travel paperwork