PAYMENT FOR SERVICE/CONTRACT PROCESSING
A Letter Agreement can be used for basic tasks with the following conditions:
- The total costs (fees plus expenses, is $1,500 or less)
- The agreement is for a simple task, not requiring insurance (Example: speaker agreement, transcription)
- The provider/vendor is not a current UC employee, nor a UC employee within the past two years
Before you move forward with the letter of agreement please contact your Contract and Grant Administrator. There is a template that they can provide and it will need to be signed by the ORU Director as well as the provider.
- Software License Agreement (requiring configurations, customizations, installation)
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Personal Services Agreement
- Independent Consultant Agreement
- Hotel-Restaurant Group Reservation/Event Agreement
- Banquet Agreement
Anytime you are considering a service from an individual or vendor please consult with your Contract and Grant Administrator. They can guide you in the process of determining what route you will need to take. Please keep in mind that the contract process can be lengthy and is estimated to take at least 20 business days.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT ANYTIME YOU RECEIVE A CONTRACT FROM A VENDOR OR INDIVIDUAL YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO SIGN. Agreements/contracts may only be signed by those with specific delegated signature authorization to sign contracts. Department Chairs, directors, PI's, and business officers may not sign agreements or contracts on behalf of the University or the UC Regents, and if they do the contracts are considered uninforceable. A contract signed by anyone other than someone with Signature Authority is void because Implied Authority is inapplicable at the UC.
Because the University of California is a co-equal branch of the Government, many provisions in vendor contracts have to be altered to comply with State Law. Please provide a copy of the contract to your Contract and Grant Administrator as soon as your department has decided on the service; alterations to the contract can take many weeks to negotiate.
You do NOT need a Contract for the following:
- Honoraria: Speaker and Lectures do not require a contract IF being paid in full by an Honoraria. (See policy http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/3410219/AM-D371-35, and http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/3410215/AM-D371-16 for details.
- If you are proceeding with an Honoraria please fill out the form below and send to your Contract and Grant Administrator