Request for Service


Professional/Miscellaneous Services

  • Analysis
  • Software License Agreement (requiring configurations, customizations, installation)
  • Confidentiality Agreement
  • Personal Services Agreement
  • Independent Consultant Agreement
  • Filming
  • Hotel-Restaurant Group Reservation/Event Agreement
  • Banquet Agreement

Anytime you are considering a service from an individual or vendor please consult with your Contract and Grant Administrator.  They can guide you in the process of determining what route you will need to take.  Please keep in mind that the contract process can be lengthy and is estimated to take at least 20 business days. 

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT ANYTIME YOU RECEIVE A CONTRACT FROM A VENDOR OR INDIVIDUAL YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO SIGN.  Agreements/contracts with the campus may only be signed by those with specific delegated signature authorization to sign contracts. By signing an agreement in your own name, you can be held liable, not just for the contract amount, but also for any liabilities that may arise from the agreement. Department Chairs, directors, PI's, and business officers may not sign agreements or contracts on behalf of the University or the UC Regents, and if they do, the contracts are considered uninforceable by the University. A contract signed by anyone other than someone with Signature Authority is void because Implied Authority is inapplicable at the UC.

Because the University of California is a co-equal branch of the Government, many provisions in vendor contracts have to be altered to comply with State Law. Please provide a copy of the contract to your Contract and Grant Administrator as soon as your department has decided on the service; alterations to the contract can take many weeks to negotiate.

You do NOT need a Contract for the following, however a Purchase Order is still required for any purchase of goods or services that cannot be purchased on a campus flexcard: