The following services are available through UCSB's Office of Research, Research Development group (see http://www.research.ucsb.edu/research-development/). All social science faculty who would like assistance with research project development, proposal writing, and searching for funding opportunities are strongly encouraged to take advantage of this rich set of resources and services.
Barbara Walker, Director of Research Development for the Social Sciences, provides individual and group consultations on all aspects of project development, funding searches, and proposal writing. She also offers workshops.
Some of the services she offers include:
- determining the best fit between your research idea and existing funding opportunities
- interpreting agency guidelines
- providing advice on contacting program officers
- reviewing your proposal and providing suggestions for editing and revisions
- providing sample text for standard proposal sections (e.g. resources and facilities, budget justification)
- sharing sample successful proposals (when available)
- serving as liaison with the Development Office for foundation grant opportunities
- identifying potential collaborators from UCSB and other institutions
- forming and facilitating multi-investigator research teams and meetings
- coordinating proposal writing among multiple investigators, departments and institutions.
Barbara Walker can be reached at email@example.com or 893-3576.
ISBER's Social Science Research Grant & Collaborative Research Initiative Grant programs are managed by the ISBER Director, Stuart Smith. The SSRGP & C-RIG seed grant programs are intended to stimulate research and research collaborations in the social sciences and provide mentoring in the development of successful extramural proposals. Additional information is available at: